Replacing windows is something that many homeowners will have to eventually take care of to both save money on energy costs and have better temperature control. Replacing your home’s windows is no cheap project, so you are going to want to choose the best possible window contractor to ensure everything is done right. Here are some pointers on choosing a good window contractor.
Choosing a Window Contractor
- Ask for referrals and interview a number of window contractors – Installing windows requires precision work and access to your home. Ask friends and family for referrals, and interview multiple contractors.
- Verify state and local licensing – Determine licensing requirements prior to interviewing the window contractors and verify that each one you interview holds appropriate licensing and professional certification.
- Verify bonding and insurance – Professional window installers are bonded and carry insurance that protects you and them in the event of accidents or damage.
- Request and verify references from customers – A contractor may offer to supply references, but if not, ask for at least two from each window contractor. Many will also have testimonials and reviews online either on their website or a something like the Better Business Bureau.
- Get everything in writing: Ask each window contractor to provide an itemized estimate including costs for materials, labor, and a timeline for completing the job.
- Find a window contractor who “fits in” – Follow your gut, as finding a window contractor you’re comfortable with is important. Installing windows requires access to your home and close communication between you and your contractor. You should feel free to ask questions and comfortable with having your contractor and staff in your home. If possible, have potential contractors meet your family, including any dogs or cats.
Florian Glass Service is window contractor that also offers & installs replacement windows as well as many other glass products and services for buildings commercially and residentially. They serve the Essex County, Hudson County, Bergen County, Passaic County, and NYC areas in towns such as Hoboken, Norwood, Jersey City, Fort Lee, Short Hills, Wayne, Totowa, Hackensack, Wyckoff, Glen Rock, Leonia, Oakland, Garfield, Hasbrouck Heights, Essex Fells, Manhattan, and many more!
For more information on this glass contractor or other glass services or products, you can contact them today at(201) 863-4770 or visit the website.