Bay windows and bow windows can make a great addition to any home. At a glance, bow and bay windows can look extremely similar. Both will do much to open up a room and let it breathe, giving the appearance of more space and letting in more light to any room. There are, however, some differences between the two.
Major Differences Between Bay Windows & Bow Windows
- Bay windows have openings, available in angled projections. A bow window usually has four or five.
- A bay window’s overall structure consists of a picture window with two other windows, usually smaller, on either side. A bow window’s structure is curved, creating a rounded appearance on the outside of the home.
- The angular lines and flat planes of contemporary bay windows are often considered more appropriate for modern homes, while the semi-circular outer structure of the bow window is ideal for any Victorian architecture. Of course, either type is perfectly acceptable for just about any style home.
- Bay windows protrude farther from the wall out into the exterior space, adding a bit more floor space on the interior.
- Bow windows frequently allow more light to come into the room since they have more glass panes than bay windows.
- Because bay windows only have three panels, they’re seldom as wide as bow windows.
- Bow windows can be wrapped around the corner of a building, forming a unique turret shape on the outside and an enticing nook on the inside. This advantageous option also allows for a view from two sides of the home.
Looking to Install Bay Windows or Bow Windows?
Florian Glass Service offers many glass products and services for buildings commercially and residentially. They serve the Essex County, Hudson County, Bergen County, Passaic County, and NYC areas in towns such as Hoboken, Norwood, Jersey City, Fort Lee, Short Hills, Wayne, Totowa, Hackensack, Wyckoff, Glen Rock, Leonia, Oakland, Garfield, Hasbrouck Heights, Essex Fells, Manhattan, and many more!
For more information on this glass contractor or other glass services or products, you can contact them today at(201) 863-4770 or visit the website.